The Austin Organ
The pipe organ at St. Paul’s was built by the Austin Organ Company of Hartford, Connecticut in 1928. It was built as a four manual organ of 42 ranks of pipes (now 52 ranks). In the 1960’s, the organ was rebuilt. In 2009, the organ was completely rebuilt mechanically. The organ console which had performed for 80 years was worn out. Due to the need to maintain the same location and a small footprint, the old console woodwork was retained and refinished. The console received new keyboards which have bone natural keytops with ebony sharps. The pedalboard was rebuilt and the bench was made adjustable. The “guts” of the console are also completely new, with solid-state coupler and keying systems as well as a 128 memory level combination action.
For a full history of the organ, refurbishments, and changes, Click Here